Monday, March 27, 2006

The Adoption Chronicles: volume 3

Today we met with Nikki again about adopting her soon to be born son. I was thinking that the meet just went okay. My wife was even more certain that it was our final interview, and that we had passed. I will say that I think Lara and Nikki have a connection that it just wouldn’t be possible for me to have. Lara, having given up her own son for adoption 8 years ago, has enough in common that when she says “I understand” it carries a whole lot more weight than when I say it. A little after 10 o’clock Nikki called Lara on her cell. Lara was pacing and walked out onto the porch so I didn’t hear the conversation. But after the conversation Lara ran into the house and jumped on me and screamed “she picked us.” We embraced and kissed, it was an awesome moment. I will have to figure out how to make this work since the adoption agency Nikki is using, LDS Family services, have told me that they would not help us with the adoption.

No comments: