Friday, April 21, 2006

The Adoption Chronicles: volume 18

Here is a question, should we fight Aaron for the ability to adopt and A) have the baby stay with Nikki for 6 months to a year, paying all of the legal fees, and then chance losing the suit, or winning and then having Nikki, having bonded with the Baby for the past months, change her mind and decide she could not then give him up. Or B) have the baby live with us in a foster capacity for 6 months to a year, then chance losing and have him taken away from us after we had had a chance to bond with him. After giving this much thought and discussing it with Lara, we decided that we have received enough of a spiritual confirmation that we are supposed to pursue this specific adoption that money is not a concern and that even if we did only get to have a relationship with him for six months or a year it would be worth it. So, as you can no doubt surmise, in my meeting today with Les England about the adoption this is what we have to look forward to if Aaron or rather his Mom sticks to their guns. I am going to try to appeal to them and hopefully persuade them otherwise, as this will also be very costly for them.

No comments: