Sunday, May 7, 2006

The Adoption Chronicles: volume 28

Today was fast Sunday. My whole family and Lara and I fasted for this adoption to work out. I threw in a bunch of thanks for last nights little adventure. I found out that the girl who was drunk driving didn’t die, which was a relief. I also felt good about the adoption. That little boy is supposed to be born any day now. With how easily it dawned on me yesterday that I take my wife for granted I realized today that I take all kinds of things for granted. I won’t bore you with the bulk of it, but I definitely haven’t thought much about Fatherhood. I have been so focused on getting the baby, I haven’t spent anytime thinking about what’s gonna happen when he’s here. Am I really ready for this, granted it’s a little late for second thoughts, but this is going to be a big responsibility. I’m excited fatherhood, that’s been evident for years… for the first time, I’m a little nervous.

No comments: