Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Adoption Chronicles: volume 14

Last night after I wrote in my Journal Nikki called Lara and told her that she didn’t know what we had said, but that Aaron had changed his mind and told her that he liked the idea of us adopting their son. I woke up excited for the new day. Because it’s a Saturday no one is working so I actually got some things done today that were not adoption related. I fixed the lawnmower and sanded the table down. Lara and I went out to eat tonight and went to a movie. It was a nice evening. We talked only about the baby and the adoption, but it was about all the wonderful things, like how we were going to get to name him, and see him grow up. It was so great, my wife is incredibly adorable when she is excited like that. It made me realize just how worth it all this garbage we are dealing with is. For now we are planning on naming him Danger. I know, I know, it’s a little out there, but it is 2006, I think that it would be a great name, and surprisingly Lara really likes it, more even then I do. I have a feeling that a lot of people aren’t going to like it, but then I think about all the names other people pick that I think are lame, and realize that I don’t care.

No comments: